Friday, February 22, 2013

Oven Hard Boiled Eggs

I had been wanting to try this for a while, and just got around to it this week.  The idea came from here...



I have to say I was skeptical because they take longer to make in the oven.  But it says they taste better, too, so it was worth a try, right?

I put the eggs in a mini muffin pan so that they didn't roll around as much...


One website warned that the egg shells would have brown spots on them once they were baked.  They did.



But it also said that once you put them in cold water to cool, the brown would come off.  It did, mostly.  I did notice that the eggs were easier to peel.  I also noticed that there were some brown spots on the actual egg (the outside of the white).  I didn't worry about it too much and I'm still fine several days later! :)

I used them in egg salad and didn't notice a major taste difference.  If you eat the egg straight, you might.  So I guess I'm indifferent on this one.  Might be worth it because they are easier to peel, but it depends on whether or not you have the extra time for cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment