Friday, November 6, 2015

Minions!

I knew I wanted to do some sort of a pumpkin craft this year, and was thinking of carving one of those fake ones.  Whatever I decided to do, I knew I wanted it to last beyond October 2015.  There were minion things all over the place this Halloween, including lots of costumes.  I saw this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try..



I began with a plain, orange craft pumpkin.  I started by painting the whole thing yellow (except at the very bottom).  It took several coats to get the whole thing covered.  Once the yellow layer dried, I began painting the blue for the denim.  I just freehanded this, but I did draw it in pencil first and then paint over it.  I found it helpful to do it upside down on a bowl:


Once the blue dried, I outlined the edges with a black sharpie, drew on the pocket, and added two yellow dots so it looked like button holes. I then drew the mouth, added teeth with a white paint marker, and painted the strap for the glasses.  I used lids from mason jars for the eyes (painted the inside of the lids white) and added googly eyes.  I hot glued the lids to the pumpkin and voila!


I have a colleague who loves minions, so I knew from the start where this project would end up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment