Thursday, January 8, 2015

Gratitude

Last year, I made a conscious effort to practice gratitude on a regular basis... Not just in my mind, but on paper. At the end of each day, instead of thinking about the things that did not go well or that I didn't get finished, I wrote down three things for which I was grateful. It completely changed my outlook on many days. While I will continue that practice this year, I'm going to add to it. I made this "gratitude jar" and when I'm moved to do so, I'll write down things for which I'm grateful and put the slips in the jar. At the end of the year, I'll open the jar and read over all the slips from 2015.

Inspiration from here...

Here's a picture of the jar I painted... The jar itself came from the "one spot" at Target, athough it was a $3 item. I used acrylic paint.

And here is the whole project, ready to go, with the first slip in the jar!

Give it a try... I think you'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, you have my gratitude for writing about this. Thanks. All is well at Faith, hope it is in NC as well. John

    ReplyDelete