Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Crockpot French Toast

I love French toast.  Anytime I go out to a restaurant for breakfast, that is my default order.  Sometimes I venture out and try something else, but not too often.  So the idea of making it the night before and waking up to in the morning sounded like a pretty good deal.

I got the idea from here...



I realized the first problem right away.  Recipe says to cook for 6 hours.  I sleep longer than that and I definitely value my sleep.  I decided that I would either need to wake up in the middle of the night and take the crockpot from the fridge and plug it in... or wake up early in the morning and turn it to "warm" before heading back to bed for a while.  I opted for option #2.

Here's the "before" picture - when I put it in the fridge before I headed to bed:


I woke up to find that most of the liquid had cooked off... and probably a couple of hours before I got to it.  It was edible - and even pretty good - but there was a LOT of French toast that was stuck to the sides and bottom.



I think I'm going to have to try it again with option #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment